Thursday, May 19, 2011

So you wanna know what the Israel business means to US huh?

Ok, well it starts with a biblical history:

In Exodus 13:17, "And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt." Instead, the Lord led the Israelites through the Red Sea (this is where Moses commands the waters to part..etc.)…God then leads the Israelites to Mt Sinai which is in the center of the Sinai Peninsula. It is here that the Jews are given the tablets containing the 10 Commandments and are taught God’s laws, and his rules for their worship of him (there was much more than just the tablets…Exodus is the book that explains this)…in Chapter 23 of Exodus, the following occurs:

God's Angel Will Prepare the Way
"I am sending an angel ahead of you. He will guard you along the way. He will bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him. Listen to what he says. Do not refuse to obey him. He will not forgive you if you turn against him. My very Name is in him. Listen carefully to what he says. Do everything I say. Then I will be an enemy to your enemies. I will fight against those who fight against you.
"My angel will go ahead of you. He will bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites. I will wipe them out.

"Do not do what they do. Do not bow down to their gods or worship them. You must destroy the statues of their gods. You must break their sacred stones to pieces.

"I am the Lord your God. Worship me. Then I will bless your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. In your land no woman will give birth to a dead baby. Every woman will be able to have children. I will give you a long life.

"I will send my terror ahead of you. I will throw every nation you meet into a panic. I will make all of your enemies turn their backs and run away. I will send hornets ahead of you. They will drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way.

"But I will not drive them out in just one year. If I did, the land would be deserted. There would be too many wild animals for you. I will drive them out ahead of you little by little. I will do it until your numbers have increased enough for you to take control of the land.

"I will make your borders secure from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. They will go from the desert to the Euphrates River.

"I will hand over to you the people who live in the land. You will drive them out to make room for you. Do not make a covenant with them or with their gods. Do not let them live in your land. If you do, they will cause you to sin against me. If you worship their gods, that will certainly be a trap for you."



So, the Lord ended up giving the Israelites (Jews) all the land from the Euphrates River (runs from the Mediterranean in the west (then South) to the Persian Gulf in Iraq (this would be the northern/western most boundary of the land known as “the Fertile Crescent” which God forbade his people from entering after Adam and Eve were tossed out for eating the forbidden fruit) and from the Red Sea to the Arabian Desert (present day Saudi Arabia)…At that time, the Philistines inhabited a very small sliver of land about 8 miles long x 8 miles wide along the Mediterranean Sea (due west of the Dead Sea) and beneath them were the Amalekites whose lands encompassed MOST of the Sinai Peninsula. David later conquers the Amalekites and the Philistines and fulfills God’s promise…

So I can hear you saying “Evan, you know what I meant…what does it mean to US.” Well look at what we now have here brewing in the Middle East. We know that Turkey, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and now Egypt (and arguably ALL of the North African countries) are all anti-Israel which now leaves them absolutely alone. Saudi Arabia is a U.S. ally but they will not stand against ALL their Muslim neighbors, they will join them. Look at this map:



The Muslims have been corrupted by a version of Islam that perverts the Quran and they have become the Philistines and the Amalekites. They are uniting against Israel (and us)…and now OUR PRESIDENT is supporting the Islamic Extremists and NOT Israel…he is calling Israel the occupier. Yet the Bible (which Obama says he believes in) tells us different. Even the religion of Islam instructs its followers to believe the word of the Bible and the Torah, both of which contain the scripture above that shows God granting the "Promised Land" to the Jews. We have switched sides as a nation…these are bad times…Beck has been very right…

On the one hand, this is such a slap in the face to Christians and Jews around the world and in America that it is likely to not only wipe out the "bin Laden bounce" but to ensure Obama's 2012 defeat on foreign policy alone but on the other, if the current situation accelerates...we may not be around to see him lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment